- a visitor to our website
- a contact at one of our customers or potential customers, suppliers or potential suppliers or other business partners
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
1. Personal information that you give us
You give us this information by filling in forms on our website (or other forms that we ask you to complete), giving us a business card or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include, for example:
- your name, address, email address and telephone number
- your business relationship with L.S. Solutions
- your professional role, background and interests.
2. Personal information that our website and other systems collect about you
If you interact with us through social media services, we may be able to access certain information about such interaction.
Our website may contain links to websites of third parties. L.S. Solutions is not responsible for the way in which such third parties process your personal information that they collect.
If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our employees and other staff members, our information technology systems may record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
We may also collect some information from other sources. For example if we have a business relationship with the organization that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
How will we use your personal information?
We may collect, store and use your personal information to operate, manage, develop and promote our business (including our products and services) and, in particular, our relationship with the organization you represent (if any) and related transactions including, for example:
- marketing purposes
- accounting and billing / payment purposes
- to operate, administer and improve our website and operations
- to provide you with services or information that you may have requested
- to keep you informed and updated on relevant products or services you may be interested in
- to enable you to take part in our online assessments and surveys
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- if the purpose is directly connected with an assigned purpose previously made known to you
We may from time to time review your information held in our systems – including the contents of and other information related to your email and other communications with us – for compliance and business-protection purposes as described above. Your emails and other communications may also occasionally be accessed by persons other than the member of staff with whom they are exchanged for ordinary business management purposes (for example, where necessary when a staff member is out of the office or has left L.S. Solutions).
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above and where we have a legal basis for such processing.
Where our lawful basis for processing is that such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, we will only process your personal information where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest. In exceptional circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information, where reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above:
- To your colleagues within the organization that you represent
- To service providers who host our web services or other information technology systems that hold or process your information on our behalf, under conditions of confidentiality and security required by law
- Business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- To a person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them
- In exceptional circumstances: to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory, or where we are required by law to disclose.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will delete your personal information when we no longer need such personal information, for instance where:
- It is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information to fulfil the purposes for which we had collected it
- We believe that your personal information that we hold is inaccurate or in certain cases where you have informed us that you no longer consent to our processing of your personal information.
- Sometimes, however there are legal or regulatory requirements which may require us to retain your personal information for a specified period, and in such cases we will retain your personal information for such specified period
- We may need to retain your personal information longer periods for product liability purposes or in relation to legal disputes, and in such cases, we will retain it for such longer periods to the extent required.
- We may retain some limited information about you even when you have left the organization that you represent; so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if/when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organization.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
- To access your personal information under relevant data protection law
- To require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted
- To object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time
- To require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further)
- Where we are processing your personal information based on your consent to such processing, to withdraw your consent at any time.
We request you not send to or share with us any sensitive personal information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
Automated Decision Making
We may use technology which tracks your use of our website and your interactions with us and which helps us to build a profile of your preferred products and information requests. If we do this, what this means for you is that you are more likely to receive offers and information that are tailored to your specific preferences, based on your previous profile activity
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement or our processing of personal information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org